- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 shallot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 bunch parsley
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 3 slices provolone cheese (thin slices)
- 2 slices genoa salami (thin sliced)
- 6 black olives, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef, brasciole (six separate pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (Fresh-cracked)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce (Long-Cooking Traditional)
- 1 cup demi-glace (brown)
- fresh herbs (of choice, optional, optional) (optional) or vegetables (of choice) (optional)
- Dice the onion and shallot finely.
- Mince the garlic and parsley.
- Peel and chop the egg, chop olives up into rings if not already done.
- Finely dice the cheese, salami, and capicola.
- Lay out the beef and top in layers with the onion, shallot, garlic, parsley, egg, cheese, salami, capicola, olives, and finally pepper on the top.
- Roll up, stuff back in any filling that falls out and tie each end closed with seam side of roll on bottom.
- In a dutch oven or large deep pan on stove, heat oil to medium/high.
- Sear the brasciole with seam side down at first, then when edges turn brown flip and repeat until all sides are seared.
- Pull off flame and de-glaze by adding wine, put back on and let reduce by half.
- Reduce temperature to low/medium.
- Add the sauces and carefully mix as best as you can without breaking rolls, cover and simmer on low heat for 3 hours.
- You may add some fresh herbs or veggies if desired at this time.
- To serve, remove the brasciole, remove twine.
- Give sauce a good final stir and serve with pasta of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm heaven sent, don't you dare forget I am all you've ever wanted, what all the other [boys] all promised Sorry I told, I just needed you to know I think in decimals and dollars I am the cause to all your problems Shelter from cold, We are never alone Coordinate brain and mouth Then ask me what it's like to have myself so figured out - I wish I knew I hope this songs starts a craze, the kind of song that ignites the airways The kind of song that makes people glad to be where they are with who ever they're there with This is war - Every line is about who I don't write about anymore Hope you come down with something they can't diagnose, don't have the cure for Holding on to your grudge Oh it's so hard to have someone to love Keeping quiet is hard 'Cause you can't keep a secret if it never was a secret to start At least pretend you didn't wanna get caught We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us Oh we're so c-c-c-c-c-controversial We are entirely smooth We fit to the truth We are the best at what we do And these are the words you wish you wrote down This is the way you wish your voice sounds, handsome and smart Oh, my tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart And it's all from watching TV and from speeding up my breathing Wouldn't stop if I could Oh it hurts to be this good You're holding on to your grudge Oh it hurts to always have to be honest with the one that you love Oh so let it go This is the craze only we can bestow This is the price you pay for loss of control This is the break in the ground This is the closest of calls This is the reason you're alone, this is the reason you fall! We're consentratin' on fallin' apart We were contenders, now throwin' the fight I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe, I just wanna believe in us ------------------------------- I love to cook and to bake and to watch people enjoy the food that I make, and most of all I enjoy this 'practice' period I have - to prepare me for when I have a family of my own :) In Memory of Shadow October 3rd 1992 - July 9th 2007 You will be sorely missed <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow1.jpg"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/shadow2.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/362919/shadow2.JPG"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/redborder-animate.gif"> <a href="http://www.pickle.com/plink/l/7D5E0237795A"><img src="http://www.pickle.com/plink/ph/795B07337A4704307B51032E7D5E0237795A1C512307476E143E5A652E076C34725B06357F500533140741682C4659712C.jpg" border="0" alt="adoptatagparticipant" title="Photo and Video Sharing"/></a> <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/swapbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=allltheferrets2.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/allltheferrets2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> This is why Ferrets are called Carpet Sharks :D <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/?action=view¤t=carpetshark.gif" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/carpetshark.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/bannerforswap.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/cws3.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>