Basmati Rice Seasoned with Garam Masala
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium stove-to-oven pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and garam masala and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring until onions are softened.
- Add rice and stir until well coated.
- Add vegetable stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven until the rice is tender and the stock is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes before serving.