Homemade Garam Masala Powder
photo by seenakoshy
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup coriander seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper, kernels
- 2 pieces cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cardamom
- 1⁄4 piece of one nutmeg
- 1⁄2 of one mace
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1 star anise
- 2 red chilies
- salt (optional)
- Take all your spices, pick and clean it.
- Take a non-stick pan and all spices inches.
- Toast all Grind them all together by stirring it continuously. Don’t brown it.
- Remove from the stove and keep on stirring until the heat of the pan is reduced and the spices are cool.
- Once it completely cools down to room temperature, transfer it to a mixer bowl and add salt too.
- Grind it to make a fine powder.
- Store the ground mixture to a plate and let it cool down. Once it is completely cool, transfer it to an air tight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!