Basil Tea Recipe from India
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves (Tulsi Leaves)
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons tea leaves (Chai Patti, or 2 Tea Bags)
- sugar (your preference, Cheeni)
- milk (your preference, Doodh)
- In a small pan bring water and basil leaves to boil.
- Lower the heat and allow to brew for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the tea leaves or tea bags and sugar to your taste and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and strain the tea into cups and add milk as per your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow, what a surprise. This simple recipe for a simple cup of tea is great! I too, always have way too much basil. But, have to be honest wasn't sure about combining tea and basil. Very refreshing and tasty. I don't use cream in my tea so that is the only ingredient I did not use. Will definitely be making this again. Made for ZWT8 and The Wild Bunch.
Mmmmmmmm. I love herbal teas and the basil here really went along with my Darjeeling beautifully. I chose to skip the milk as I don't deeply fancy milk in my tea and while I will use it with Chai this lovely brew was wonderful without it basic, earthy and natural. It makes you feel like your doing something good for yourself. I added some Splenda and very well enjoyed my mid-morning tea time
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.