Basil Spinach Salad With Lime Vinaigrette
This delightful salad is easy to prepare and a wonderful and light addition to any meal.
- Ready In:
- 7 -8 ounces of fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup loosely packed chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 medium avocado
- 6 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced
- Hard boil eggs, peel and set aside.
- Wash spinach, removing tough ends, and tear into bite size pieces and place in large salad bowl.
- Add chiffonade of basil to spinach.
- Wash the mushrooms and slice thin, add to salad bowl.
- Wash tomato, dice; adding to salad bowl.
- Peel, pit and slice avocado, lengthwise, place in salad bowl along with feta cheese.
- Remove about 1 teaspoon of lime zest, cut lime in half and juice.
- In a blender jar, combine the lime zest and juice with remaining ingredients for the vinaigrette, pulse until thoroughly blended, pour over salad ingredients tossing to coat.
- Divide salad mixture into 4 equal portions and place on chilled salad plates.
- Thinly slice egg and garnish each salad with egg slices.
- Add a few grinds of fresh black pepper and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more