Barbecued Zucchini-Two Ingredients!
This is the easiest side dish you will ever make! Everyone we have ever served this to cannot believe there are only 2 ingredients. Even non-zucchini lovers will come back for seconds. We use the exact same recipe for asparagus.
- Ready In:
- 3 zucchini (green or yellow, 8-inch)
- 1⁄3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/2 to 3/8 inch thick slices.
- Place in oval casserole dish and add dressing.
- Flip slices around to coat with dressing.
- Cook directly on outdoor barbecue on medium heat for approximately 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is golden with grill marks.
- Baste frequently with leftover dressing, turning often.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great. The only zucchini I have ever liked was cut thin and fried or in zucchini bread. I just cooked one zucchini as a sample, convinced before I ever put it on the grill that no one would like it, boy was I wrong. My inlaws came for dinner and everyone only got a taste which definately wasn't enough. Thanks so much for such a great recipe it is definately a keeper!Reply
I was looking for a quick & simple recipe for zucchini to go with the steaks we were just about to grill. I wanted something healthy so I didn't want to saute it and this fit the bill. I used fat-free Italian dressing since that's all I had. I didn't even bother measuring it - just put the sliced zukes in a bowl and poured it on. Then I basted them with the leftover dressing while they grilled. Delicious and healthy! Thanks M&Mers for a great idea.Reply
This made a lovely light side-dish to serve with pork chops. I used Paul Newman's Caesar Dressing (not the creamy one). I sliced a large zucchini on the diagonal and let it sit for a while in the dressing, before grilling on the stove-top in a ridged grill pan. Just delicious. Can't wait to try it on the barbecue.Reply
see 6 more