- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring coconut milk, maple syrup and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in flour.
- Cook over medium-low heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut extract or vanilla as soon as it's done boiling.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop (preferable) drop onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The final result was amazing, but I docked a star because I had to change the recipe. I cooked the coconut milk mixture for longer than the suggested 3 minutes, but apparently that wasn't enough because when I added the other ingredients it was much too moist. Next time I'll try cooking it longer to thicken it more. However, I added 1.5 additional cups of coconut, 2 more teaspoons vanilla, and 1/3 cup more sugar (I used Sucanat, or unrefined cane sugar which is healthier and gives the cookie a delicious hint of molasses) until the consistency was workable. I fully expected a failure, but they were quite the opposite. Once cooled, I dipped half the top of each in orange-chocolate. They were absolutely stunning, according to a large group of non-vegans.