Vanilla Sweet Potatoes
photo by Chris from Kansas
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven.
- Microwave at high 10 minutes or until tender, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Wrap in a towel; let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine with milk and remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 1-quart casserole; cover and microwave on medium for 7 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a fantastic lighter version of a sweet potato casserole. The vanilla was potent, but really a tasty pairing. (I baked mine while the turkey finished, about 30 mins at 325, and they were yummy. I did start them in the microwave just as the directions stated & that was a clever alternative to boiling to preserve the nutritional value.)
see 22 more reviews