Banana Whoopie Pies
- Ready In:
12 whoopie pies
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350oF and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix the oil, sugar, mashed banana, egg and cinnamon together. Fold in the flour, baking powder and oats. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken up slightly.
- Scoop batter by the tablespoon onto the lined cookie sheet spacing them a few inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Cream the butter in a bowl so it becomes smooth. Add the cream cheese and mix together. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Scoop a heaped teaspoon of filling onto the underside of a cookie and top with a second cookie. Repeat with all the cookies.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Join The Conversation