Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
This recipe is from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Cookbook except for the filling. I had copied the recipe out of the cookbook from the library and did not write out the filling recipe. I used cream cheese frosting when I made them and they were very good.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 cups cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Beat together pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and molasses.
- Scrape down sides of bowl then beat in the salt, spices and baking soda.
- Scrape down sides then beat in the flour.
- Scrape down sides and beat another minute to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop batter onto baking sheets. I got 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely then sandwich with frosting.
- Wrap each individually in plastic wrap.