Banana Walnut Loaf (Bread Machine)
This is made in a quick bread/cake cycle - it is not a yeast bread. I have not tried it, posted in response to a request.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk, plus
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk, 80-90 deg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- All ingredients other than buttermilk should be at room temperature.
- Place ingredients in order indicated in pan. Select quick bread/cake cycle and medium crust and start machine.
- After batter has been mixed for 4 minutes, stir sides and bottom of pan with spatula to ensure complete mixing. Allow to continue mixing. If your machine permits pausing, remove kneading paddle before baking. Continue to conclusion of cycle.
- Remove bread from pan and transfer to wire rack to cool. Bread slices best when allowed to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used the "sweet" bread cycle, and think that was a mistake because it was still dough at the end. LOL. So I did the shortest express bake and it came out perfect. Just a little crispy on the bottom, but of course my dear family said they like it that way. Flavor is fabulous. Next time I will just try the express bake cycle and see how that works out.1Replies 1
see 3 more