photo by Petdrwife
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
1 9X13 pan
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in saucepan; Stir in milk and cook over medium heat until thick. (Be careful not to scortch pan).
- Beat egg yolks, temper egg yolks by adding two tbsp of hot mixture to yolks then yolks to hot mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes; remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- In a 9x13 pan place a single layer of vanilla wafers on the bottom of the dish and up the sides.
- Place banana slices over cookies, top with pudding and chill in refrigerator.
- Before serving top with real whip cream. (Some people prefer meringue or cool whip which is fine but I think a 1/2 pt of heavy whip cream beat with 2 tbsp of sugar is the icing on the pudding).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I currently reside in a quaint little town on Lake Erie. I spend most of my time caring for my three children (DH,DS,DD). My love of cooking comes from my deeply rooted southern upbringing. I love to entertain and people enjoy my vittles.