Ballard Adobe Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts (drained with marinade reserved)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives (sliced)
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced (I prefer red)
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups mayonnaise (light)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add rice, return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large serving bowl; let cool.
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts, reserving marinade. Add artichokes, green onions, olives, green pepper, celery and parsley to cooled rice.
- For dressing, combine reserved artichoke marinade, curry powder and mayonnaise in a small bowl; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to rice mixture; mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until serving time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!