These are great when you have an overabundance of tomatoes from your garden (they all seem to ripen at once!) Best if large beefsteak type tomatoes are used. Recipe can be doubled or even tripled.
- Ready In:
- 2 large tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- Remove stem ends from tomatoes without cutting flesh.
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally.
- Set cut side up in a shallow baking dish or casserole.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion, herbs, toasted bread crumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION