photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, uncooked, can use brown
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (10 ounce) can water, from the beef consomme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 for about 1 hour, stirring and replacing cover halfway through cooking time.
- Mixture should be slightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This gets a 5 star for the cooking method alone. The rice was cooked to perfection after cooking the time specified and allowing it to stand covered for an additional 5 minutes. I did use brown basmati rice which generally results in a little longer cooking time. The amount of butter was reduced to 1 tablespoon and in place of the beef consomme used beef base with the appropriate amount of water. Thanks for sharing.