Baked Oysters and Spinach
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In response to a request. I found it on the internet, but I have not tried this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, rinsed well and left wet
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 quart shucked fresh oyster
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- Place the spinach in a large saucepan, cover, and steam over moderate heat for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the spinach, refresh under cold water, squeeze dry, and chop finely.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat half the butter, add the onion, and sauté over moderate heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the spinach, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and cream.
- Stir well and cook over moderate heat for about 2 minutes, stirring in a few bread crumbs if necessary to thicken the mixture.
- Add the oysters and dill and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into a well-buttered baking dish, sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, dot with the remaining butter, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION