Baked Parmesan Oysters
Garlic and parmesan coat these rich jewels of the sea. Serve them as a first course to an elegant feast or enjoy them as a main course on a bed of pasta and wilted spinach
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup crushed cracker
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shucked oysters
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven 375°F Oil a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic.
- In another bowl, combine crackers and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip oysters into oil mixture then coat with crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange in baking dish. Sprinkle with sherry and any remaining cracker mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes to brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
If these had looked prettier, they would have earned 5 stars since you eat with your eyes first :). That said, the taste was really wonderful! Instead of crackers, I used panko, which gave them a wonderful crunch, even if they didn't brown very well. The timing in the recipe was perfect for me- at 15 minutes they were set enough to not be mushy, but still soft enough to not be rubbery. Usually I have oysters deep fried, so I don't eat them very often. I'm so glad to try a baked option- next time I think I'll try cooking them next time on a rack over a baking sheet to see if they'll brown a bit better.Reply
see 8 more