photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- warm milk
- fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the center of oven.
- Lightly oil 8" square glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, raisins, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together applesauce, yogurt, milk, oil eggs, and vanilla, until smooth.
- Stir into oat mixture, then pour into baking dish.
- Stir together brown sugar with remaining 1/4 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over oatmeal, then bake until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool to warm in pan on a rack 20-30 minutes, then cut into squares.
- **Note: Baked Oatmeal can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Blot away any moister from surface, then reheat in a preheated 325 degree oven, covered with foil, until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.