Baked Cod Supreme
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 4 cod fish fillets (The recipe is for 4 people, if making for more I do 1 piece of cod per person depending on size if t)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
For the sauce
- stock, strained from pan
- 1 teaspoon fish stock
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 200 ml light cream
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 220 g cooked shrimp, peeled (any you like salad shrimp or medium sized)
- buttered breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, for the top
- Add wine, water, garlic, onion, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice to a pan bring to boil. Turn down the heat add cod fillets and simmer until tender about 7-10 Min's.
- Remove cod from pan, put in bowl and set aside. Strain liquid into saucepan and return to heat. Add both stocks and sherry stir, in a glass combine cornflour with a little water, add to pan and stir until mixture thickens. Add both the creams, tarragon and parsley stir to mix. Then add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted, add Gruyere half a cup at a time and stir after each addition until cheese melts, add pepper to taste, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl put cod, peas and shrimp pour sauce over and stir gently to combine as you don't want the cod flaking into to small chunks. Place mixture either into individual serving dishes or large oven proof casserole dish. Top with buttered breadcrumbs and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Bake oven for 20-25 Min's or until golden brown at 180c-190c.
- Serve by itself or with salad.
- For a photo visit http://the-best-recipes.blogspot.com/.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>