Baked Citrus Mahi Mahi
photo by SaNdRa
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless mahi mahi fillets, skinned (about 8 fillets)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 orange slices
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, partially drained-you still want some juice
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease one or two (you'll probably need two) baking dishes.
- Wash and pat dry Mahi Mahi fillets and lay them in a single layer in the baking dishe(s).
- Drizzle fillets with lemon juice, then melted butter (if using it). Sprinkle evenly with the ginger, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place an orange slice over each fillet.
- Evenly pour the crushed pineapple over all the fillets.
- Bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes or until fillets are opaque; do not overbake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The fruit does make this dish sparkle. I would love to make this again if fresh Mahi Mahi could be at hand. Frozen filets just don’t have the freshness but ginger and especially the citrus complemented the toughness of the fish. Place a glass of vibrant Austrian Riesling aside your dish for a meal all about delicious.
see 4 more reviews