Bacon & Spinach Quiche
photo by Peter J
- Ready In:
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 250 g lean bacon, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 20 g butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard (optional)
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (garnish)
- In a frypan, melt butter and sauté onion and bacon until onion is translucent.
- Heat spinach and drain on paper towel. Add drained spinach and corn to bacon and onion mix and cook on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and mix in mayonnaise and mustard . Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and milk and add to other ingredients. Add 1/2 of the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Defrost pastry. Grease 2 quiche/pie tins and line with pastry. Divide egg mix evenly between the 2 tins.
- Top with sliced tomato and remaining grated cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven (200°C/400°F) for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow Sandi, this is the nicest quiche I have ever eaten! I made small individual servings in some small stoneware bowls so I could serve straight from the oven and they also taste great cold. Because of the small size I garnished with sliced cherry tomatoes. I thought the whole grain mustard and corn kernels were really interesting additions and they tasted great.