Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Pie
photo by Paula J.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup applewood smoked bacon, chopped and cooked
- 3⁄4 cup aged swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Spray a 9” pie plate with cooking spray. Heat oil in a 12” nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Add potatoes the skillet with ½ tsp salt. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until light brown. Turn out potatoes into the prepared pie plate and press to form crust on bottom and sides of plate. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and mustard. Add bacon, cheese, roasted peppers, thyme and green onions. Pour into the potato crust and bake 40 minutes or until knife tests clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!