Award Winning Clam Chowder
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is the best clam chowder I have ever had. Rich and creamy, full of flavor. It takes a bit to make, but is so worth it!
- Ready In:
- 3 ounces vegetarian bacon, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 cups new potatoes, cooked firm and diced
- 4 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups clams, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 ounces Smart Balance butter spread
- 2 ounces clam base
- 1 1⁄4 cups clam juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley
- white pepper
- black pepper
- cayenne, to taste
- In a large stock pot cook bacon until crisp.
- Add butter, onions, celery and all the seasoning except dill and parsley. Cook until tender.
- Add flour and cook for another 3-4 minutes over low heat.
- Add all the dairy products, clam juice and clam concentrate.
- Heat until just under boiling point and then add chopped clams and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil slowly, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add dill and parsley and serve steaming.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION