photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 10 ounces bread, torn small
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- spices, as you prefer (I use sage, savory & red pepper flakes)
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper and parsley; sauté for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pecans, bread, broth and spices (or stuffing mix, water according to package directions) and avocado.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole and spoon in stuffing or just bake it in the skillet.
- Bake oven for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and stuffing is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.