Avocado and Kale Delight
photo by Chef Joey Z.
- Ready In:
- Removed the tough stems from the kale and then shred it. Now I am not sure how one would shred kale, so I cut it up by rolling the leaves and slicing them thin. This is called Chiffonade.
- Cut up the tomato in pieces. Remove the avocado from it's rind, discard the seed and cut it up in pieces.
- Now this is where I changed the recipe. I added the oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne to the kale and massaged it for a few minutes to help break down the kale. Believe it or not it does actually tenderize the leaves. I don't like kale raw as a rule, but this I will eat. I liked that I left the tomato and avocado in pieces, I think I liked this texture better.
- If you want you can add all the ingredients together and massage it. It will be mushy, but this is up to you how you'd like it.
- That's it, you're done. Put it in a dish and eat. It's filling.
- Bon Appetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!