Autumn Glazed Apple Cream Pie
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
1 9inch pie
- 1 (300 ml) can regular sweetened condensed milk or (300 ml) can eaglebrand low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9 inch storebought ready made graham cracker crumb crust (or shortbread or chocolate)
- 2 apples, pared & thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves, warmed
- Whisk together Eaglebrand, sour cream, juice concentrate, egg& vanilla;pour into pie crust.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25-30 mins.
- or until center is set.
- Saute apples in butter until tender; arrange on top of baked pie.
- Spoon preserves over apples to glaze.
- Chill thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a perfect end to the birthday meal that I made for my Mom's birthday dinner. I used a homemade crust recipe#7537 and homemade sweetened condensed milk recipe#22881. I did have to turn down the temperature to about 250 and bake it for an hour because my crust was browning too fast. I peeled and cut the apples into slices to place around the outside edge and then added a pile of apple cubes to the center of the pie. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
About me....well...let's see,right now I am a married, stay-at-home Mom to two beautiful children, a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son....they are the "lights" of my life, which I think I pretty much spent waiting for them! I feel so very lucky (and truly blessed) to be their "Mommy". I don't know that I have a fave cookbook, (and I have rarely opened one of the many I have, since finding Zaar.) I just LOVE recipes and have been "acquiring" them since I was a teenager! Actually I think I bought my first cookbook in like grade two or three, a cookie recipe book from one of those scholastic book orders!