Authentic Pasta Sauce
photo by dojemi
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (8)
- 2 lbs pork spareribs, cut in halves or thirds depending on size (8)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine (4)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (8)
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes (4)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (4)
- 6 ounces water, use tomato paste can (4)
- 1 teaspoon salt (4)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (2)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry oregano (1)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (2)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds (6)
- Brown ribs in oil.
- Remove ribs from oil and saute the onions and garlic till transparent.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- Raise heat and allow sauce to boil, mixing occasionally so bottom doesn't burn.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 hours till meat is falling off the bones.
- Note: As other reviewers have attested -- the ribs will not make the sauce greasy. Enjoy! : ).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!