Atomic Hot Sauce!
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
14 5 ounce bottles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bell peppers (2 cups roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 1 lb habanero (mixed habaneros and jalapenos = 1 1/2 cups roasted ,peeled and seeded)
- 1 ounce garlic (1 bulb= 1/2 cup roasted and peeled)
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled and seeded making 3 cups crushed
- 1 large sweet onion (Peeled and Chopped)
- 2 chipotle peppers, crushed (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons canning salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- Roasted all the peppers and bulb of garlic outdoors on the grill is best for fumes may over take the home. I also peeled the hot peppers outdoors.
- Place all but vinegar in food processor and blend till smooth and fine.
- Place in a large pot, mix in vinegar. Heat ad boil stirring often for 30 minutes.
- Fill sterilized hot bottles or jars. Give jar a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Pepper jar invert.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!