Asparagus & Mushroom Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 4 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup asiago-parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Steam asparagus as directed and set aside. Melt 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan over med high heat add garlic and saute till almost golden. Add mushrooms and continue to saute till mushrooms soften. Set Aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in med bowl. Whisk till well beaten. Add salt pepper and tarragon. Whisk till well blended. Add cheese and whisk till light and fluffy.
- Melt 1/2 tb oil and 1/2 tbs butter on low/med heat in large pan. Add egg mixture. Once bottom starts to settle lift up sides of egg and let the uncooked slide under. Spread asparagus and mushrooms onto egg. Once most of egg has cooked or has started to get a nice light golden brown, invert onto plate and place back into pan to cook other side. About 2-3 minutes.
- Slide onto platter or large dinner plate. Slice into 8 "pizza slices" (or 4 :O))and serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
good frittata !! I didn't steam the asparagus , we like it crisp, so I sauteed it with the mushrooms, added the egg mixture, cheese etc., and when the bottom was starting to cook, popped it in the oven at 350f degrees for 15 minutes, it raised up nice and puffy. No need to flip. It was a delicious quick supper thanks.
This was excellent, didn't have the mushrooms or tarragon, but made due without. Because of time constraints I didn't steam the asparagus just sauted them with the garlic and some shallots in some olive oil, took them out sprayed the pan with Pam and dumped in the eggs. Then I arranged the asparagus on top and let it cook until set. Instead of flipping the frittata I just popped it under my broiler for a couple minutes till almost done then added the cheese popped it under the broiler again for a couple more min. till the cheese was melted. Thank you for the great recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a single mommy of one. I Love to Cook ~ My daughter loves cooking with me too! I LOVE trying new recipes but I find I always change them to my likings as I make them. I hope you like what I post :) I'll try to suite them to others and make them more flexible... maybe offer different ideas... If you have any advice for the "Zaar Newbie" I'd love to hear it!! I'm a Massage Therapist/ Personal Trainer ~ I really want to become a ND at some point... lots and lots of schooling!! I love trying out others recipes and I love taking pics so I will try my hardest to review and post a pic of everything I try out!!