Low Fat Asparagus Frittata (With Egg Beaters)
I got this low fat, low carb, low calorie recipe from the Egg Beaters website. I haven't tried it yet but I want to!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute (1-1/2 cups = 12 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat swiss cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- cooking spray
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix Egg Beaters, cheese and milk in medium bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Spray medium skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Add asparagus, onions, salt and pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add Egg Beaters mixture.
- Reduce heat to low; cover skillet with lid. Cook 12 minutes, or until bottom of frittata is set but top is still slightly moist. Remove lid from skillet.
- Place skillet under broiler. Broil 2 minutes, or until top is set but not browned.
- Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation