Asparagus-English Muffin Bake
photo by Sassy J
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a 4-quart saucepan, boil asparagus pieces 1 minute.
- Drain and put in a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- Drain and pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- Place English muffin halves, cut side up, to form a crust in a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cut the muffins to fill the empty spaces in the pan as needed.
- Layer asparagus, half the cheese, ham, and bell pepper over muffins.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, dry mustard and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over muffins.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator before preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Immediately sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!