Asian Style Chicken Croquettes
These are cheap and superfast for a weeknight dinner with a little flair. They go great with fried rice
- Ready In:
- 2 cups rotiserrie chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (10 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 cup celery
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Fine chop all veggies and shred chicken.
- mix everything but panko.
- Shape into balls and roll in panko then flatten.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Bake in 400 degree oven 12 minutes on first side, Flip and then bake 10 more minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
For taste, these would get 4 stars. I really enjoyed the combination of flavors and textures. However, the mix was so wet that I couldn't get it to hold together long enough to coat with the panko. I ended up making balls in my hand, then patting the panko onto them, and carefully sliding onto the baking sheet. If the recipe was changed to bind better, this wouls definitely be four stars. Made for PAC Fall 2009.Reply