Artisan White Bread
photo by WannaBeABaker14
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 15mins
1 Round Loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups slightly warmer than luke warm water
- In a medium large bowl, mix the flour, salt, and yeast together. Pour the water over the flour mixture and mix with a spoon until the flour is absorbed and the mixture resembles wet sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a wet kitchen towel. Place the bowl in a warm place and allow to rise overnight.
- Prepare an oven proof covered pot with a piece of parchment paper trimmed to be slightly smaller than the base and place the parchment paper in the pot.
- Sprinkle flour on the dough and use floured spatula to remove dough onto floured parchment surface on counter.
- Sprinkle the dough again with flour and start bringing in each edge of dough into center, forming a large ball. Flour as needed to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place the dough ball in the center of the pot, on top of the parchment paper.
- Place the oven-safe lid on top of the pot and place it in the cold oven. Turn the oven on to 400 degrees F and set a kitchen timer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, carefully remove the lid from the pot and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove the pot from the oven and carefully remove loaf from the pot and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow the bread to rest at least 5 minutes (preferably closer to 30 minutes) before cutting into slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!