- Ready In:
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups dried white bread, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook leeks and onion over medium heat in butter, until tender but not brown.
- Stir in apples, pecans, apricots, and nutmeg.
- Cook about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and cooked onion mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine half and half, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Add to bread mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Place in a greased 2 qt casserole and bake, covered, in a 375* oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I am a thirty-nine year old mom with two children. I am originally from Xenia, Ohio where I have lived longer than anywhere, but have lived in many different places. Ohio is one of my favorite states...I love the different seasons here! I love to remodel and decorate homes, when I have the time, and of course, I'm very passionate about cooking!! There is a long line of great cooks in my family and I am trying to put together a cookbook for them, from recipes they've shared with me. I have no favorite cookbook...I love picking up new (even better...very old) ones from yard sales, Ebay, Amazon, or wherever I find a good book with a good deal! Love the Food Network and my favs to watch, when I have the time, are Giada De Lorentis & Tyler Florence.