photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup & 1/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, cook apricots in water over medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened, then drain, cool & chop, before setting aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter & powdered sugar until light & fluffy, then gradually add 1 cup of the flour until well blended.
- Press into the prepared baking dish & bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat eggs & brown sugar until blended.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt & the remaining 1/3 cup of flour, then gradually add this flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Beat in the vanilla, then stir in the apricots & nuts before pouring this mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set, then cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, if desired, dust with powdered sugar, then cut into bars. Store any left-over bars in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!