Apple Coffee Cake
I had originally found this recipe on this site but can no longer find it. Luckily I had printed it out for a friend and now I am reposting so I have it forever!!!! A winner where ever I take it! I like to double the topping as it is soooo good and goes all crunchy!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cooking apples, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or to taste )
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut or rub in butter until crumbly. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, beat egg till frothy. Mix in vanilla and milk.
- Pour into the well and stir just enough to moisten all the flour.
- Pour batter into greased 8 x 8 inch cake pan. Push apple pieces ( in neat rows) down into the batter. Put them really close together.
- TOPPING: Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degees for 45-60 mins until it begins to shrink away from the edges. Serves 9.
- Credit - Company's Coming Muffins and More.