Apple Cheddar Loaf (Bread Machine)
No need to peel the apples. When the machine first begins to knead, this loaf looks too dry, but don't add extra liquid--it turns into a great-looking loaf.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup grated apple
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese (the more aged the cheese, the stronger the flavor)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- Add ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Whole Wheat Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation