Apple Brandy Apple Butter
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red wine or 1/2 cup apple cider
- 4 lbs cooking apples, peeled,cored and cut into fourths
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple brandy or 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Heat juice concentrate, wine and apples to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft.
- Mash with potato masher if necessary, to remove all lumps.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer uncovered about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until no liquid separates from pulp.
- Immediately pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe rims of jars; seal.
- Cool on wire rack 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in california. I have three kids which are all grown now, My grandson is 7years old and the love of my life. Was a stay at home mom until my husband passed away a few years ago. Enjoy crafts, sewing (which i don't do much of anymore),and cooking. Just started to put together a family cookbook, with long time favorites from over the years. Plus I always enjoy trying new recipes. new passions are sourdough and salsas. We have a garden each year that keeps me in fresh veges for most of the summer,GREAT.