Angie's Awesome Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
I love the pot roast because it falls apart in your mouth. It has a slight sweetness but not too much. My friends husband hates sweet dinners but really liked this pot roast. Try this recipe at least once, I promise you'll like it!
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 1 pot roast (You can use the rump roast or any other type of roast)
- 16 ounces Coke (I use Barqs Root Beer. This has been my favorite)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope of lipton dry onion soup mix
- Mix Together soda and onion soup mix.
- Pour half mixture into crock pot.
- Place Roast in crock pot and pour rest of soda mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or High for 4-5 hours.
- Serves well With Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Green Beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The meat submerged in liquid was tender but the meat above was dry. There was no taste, not even from the oven soup. When my husband came home he asked why he didn't smell pot roast, he loves the smell of it cooking when he comes in. This one didn't have that yummy smell. We added garlic and brown gravy mix right before serving since neither of us were impressed with the flavor as written.Reply
see 12 more