Amish Vanilla Pie
- Ready In:
- In a saucepan, combine white sugar, 4 Tbsp flour, egg, molasses, water, and vanilla.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, butter, and shortening; rub together with fingers to make crumbs.
- Pour 1/2 of cooked mixture into each unbaked shell; cover each pie with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Note: This pie is even better when cooled, the second day!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!