I made these about ten years ago...then lost the recipe. I finally found it trapped in one of my old recipe books!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, WELL DRAINED
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, I've used chopped pecans..just as good
- Preheat oven to 375°F Lightly grease/spray cookie sheets.
- Place brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange juice, vanilla extract and lemon extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in pineapple, coconut and chopped nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful 2-inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are just lightly browned.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION