Abba's Tuscan Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces spinach, chopped
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, fresh and large sliced
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced (NOT CANNED!)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for greasing pan
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
- Slice the chicken breast in half not going all the way through and spread open, lightly tap down flat with mallet.
- Salt and pepper breast on both sides to taste.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add onion, pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, 3 garlic cloves, mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms and onions soften.
- Now add spinach and basil leaves until spinach softens.
- Remove combination from frying pan and place in a bowl, add the rest of the garlic, salt and pepper to taste; mix completely.
- Place equal amounts of mixture on the breast and roll the breast. Secure with toothpick or string.
- What doesn't fit in the breast sprinkle on top. Pour the wine on & around the rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was born in Southern Arizona with a taste for spice. Keeping kosher in Arizona was a challenge, so I had to eat at home a lot which meant I needed to experiment to have a variety of food available. I moved to Israel and my pallet has grown and cooking has blossomed. <br /> <br />I cook for the fun of it and rarely use a recipe as more than a base. I love to experiment and try new techniques and ideas.</p>