7up Corn Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A fluffier Zest to the original Corn Bread
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- use two large bowls for mixing one for liquid ingredients and one for dry ingredients mix well after EACH ingredient is added. add in order of ingredient list. after both bowls are mixed add and stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until the batter is lump free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- pour batter into a greased or coated baking pan evenly. (size of pan depends on thickness desired).
- Place battered pan into oven after preheat set to bake.
- let the cornbread bake until golden on the top make sure center is cooked using a bakers toothpick.
- Mix the lemon juice and lime juice with the melted butter.*optional
- immediatly lightly coat the top of the cornbread with the melted lemon lime butter using desired utensil. ( i find a small baste brush works best) *optional.
- let cool for a few minutes best if served warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION