7 Week Refrigerator Bran Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups white flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bran flakes cereal
- Soak 2 cups of bran flakes in hot water and cool. Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs, buttermilk and soaked bran flakes to creamed mixture. Sift dry ingredients and add with the 4 cups additional bran flakes to moist mixture. Mix until moist. Do not over mix.
- Keeps 7 weeks in refrigerator.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper muffin cups. When putting into tins to bake, you can add raisins or blueberries. Fill muffin tins 3/4 . Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. These are so handy to have on hand for breakfast muffins -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!