1 (16 ounce) packages
sliced frozen okra
( or equivalent in fresh)
sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 (15 ounce) cans
chopped tomatoes, stewed style if you prefer
salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9X13 Pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 the okra, 1/2 the sliced onion and 1 can tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Place oven on "broil" and broil for 5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Onions and tomatoes should just start to turn golden.
- Be creative with your own addition of veggies or seasonings!