fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons
fresh rosemary, crumbled
lemon, cut in half
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water; drain well and pat dry.
- Place chicken breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Blend soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Brush chicken cavity and skin thoroughly with mixture, then place lemon halves in cavity.
- Roast at 350 for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 185, brushing with soy/lemon mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and let stand 10 minutes before carving.