2 slices white bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread or 2 slices
( more for the skillet)
( thinly sliced or to taste)
( such as Kraft)
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Place 1 slice of cheese over the side of the bread with the mayonnaise, then 3 slices of tomato.
- Top with remaining bread slice (mayonnaise side facing in).
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread with about 2 teaspoon butter per slice (or to taste).
- Heat about 1 tablespoon or more of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Using a spatula place the sandwich into the skillet.
- When the cheese has started to melt carefully flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted (adding in a little more butter to the skillet if needed).