eggs, cracked and beaten
salted butter, 1 stick
- Thoroughly beat together eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until mixed well. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Add milk and mix again.
- Place a small pat of butter in a large nonstick skillet on medium low heat. Once butter has melted dip bread into the egg/milk mixture. Just do a quick dip to coat the bread. Place bread into the pan. I usually work with three slices at a time.
- Place another small pat of butter in the pan. Once the butter has melted flip the bread over. This allows both sides of the bread to get that yummy buttery flavor.
- Continue to cook until both sides are browned nicely. Place finished slices in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Beat the mixture each time before dipping the bread. This brings the cinnamon up from the bottom of the bowl.