Recipe by Candle Lover
This is the way that I have made a low fat version of the Zuppa. I hope you enjoy it like my family does. Feel free to add more Red pepper flakes and pepper especially if you want more of a bite. this is not a very spicey soup. So you might want to Dr. it up a little. I do if my youngest isn't eating the soup or else we do to our own bowls. 7 oz of potatoes = 3 pts Weight Watchers = 36 pts about 14 cups = 3 points per cup ** Preparation and cooking time are a guess Sorry haven't timed it when I have cooked it.. ******* Note USE Fat Free Evap milk or 2% for creamer flavor and high fat if you don't mind the calories. -- Last Time I made this with Fat Free Evap Milk enjoyed it much better. *****
- 1 lb ground turkey, 16 pts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 potatoes, sliced 18pts
- 2 cups kale, washed well torn up 0pts
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth, 0pts
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 fresh crushed garlic, 0pts
- 1 onion, chopped 0pts
- 2 cups skim milk, 8 pts
- 1 tablespoon pepper, 0pts
- 6 cups water, 0pts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big soup pot.
- Cook ground turkey with 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground sage, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, onion salt, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add water, broth, potatoes, garlic, 1 tbsp pepper, chopped onion till potatoes getting tender.
- Add the skim milk, and kale.
- ******** DO NOT BOIL with the kale and milk it can curdle if you do just cook at a low simmer.
- Simmer till kale is tender.
- Add more pepper if needed.