Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This dish was given to me from a co-worker last year. I make it often. It's easy, fast and Delicious. You can serve it over rice, Fettucine or all by itself in a bowl. It's great to cook on your grill in a large chicken fryer (stainless steel of course) or on top of your stove. You must give this a try. Real Comfort Food. Great for a Football game!
- 907.18 g kielbasa (cut into chunks, you can use Hillshire, Smoked or Fresh)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 3 zucchini (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 yellow squash (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 red peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 2 yellow peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 2 green peppers (cut into slices or cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped large)
- 453.59 g frozen corn (leave frozen)
- 453.59 g shrimp (pre-cooked is fine more shrimp if you like)
- 453.59 g tomato sauce
- 226.79 g tomatoes (bits)
- 4.92 ml garlic
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (or what ever you like)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 4.92 ml horseradish
- Prepare: Vegetables, Shrimp before hand and set aside.
- In a large frying pan (18-20" wide is good) heat oil and start cooking the Kielbasa till almost done.
- Add vegetables, cook till almost tender.
- Add corn, shrimp and tomato sauce and bits.
- Cover and saute till Kielbasa is done.
- Add spices Especially the Red Pepper Flakes (horseradish is optional).
- Stirring frequently to mix all ingredients so the flavors mix well.
- After all is tender and done, you can serve over rice, noodles, or eat it just like it is.
- This meal is great on the grill too.
- You can add a hint of smoke if you like.
- Add Kosher Salt and pepper.
What a wonderful dish!!! I cut the recipe in half but otherwise followed the instructions. I used red pepper flakes (a little more than 1/4 tsp.) and DH could only go yum and when will we have this again. Thank you for posting and this is going into my Favorites of 2012 cookbook (which is getting bigger all the time). Made for Fall PAC 2012.